Sr. Team Lead – Paint
- Oversees artists’ work, briefs them about the tasks assigned and reviews their work. Handles multiple tasks even under pressure.
- Makes recommendations to the Head of 2D/Supervisor 2D Paint & Roto on methodology of working on a assignment
- Takes shots from scratch to final output.
Assists the Supervisor 2D Paint & Roto in his/her supervisory role by taking responsibility and accountability for a small group of junior artists and a specific
portion of the assigned tasks.
- Review shots with compositing supervisors
- Contribute ideas to Production at the time of scheduling
- Assists and guides junior artists when they require help. Mentors and Supervises the juniors
- Trouble shoots in depth for paint & roto tasks and gives proper solution how to complete shot meeting deadlines. Also, Trouble shoots in times of crisis during work on a project/show
- Checks difficulty level of all assigned shots.
- Works directly with the Head of 2D/Supervisor 2D Paint and Roto to develop pipeline tools and make workflow adjustments that would suit the department
- Works on tasks of greater complexity (compared to junior artists)
- Ensures output of complex matte painted elements to a high standard with a thorough understanding of perspective, lighting and color
- Completes the allotted project within the given man days as per client requirements and maintaining quality standards set by the company
- Supervises shots/sequence/project with proper deadline
- Able to understand the clear instruction from concerned authorities and delegate balanced work amongst the team
- Takes reviews/quality checks of juniors work to send final version to production and client
- Handles high-end digital articulate mattes, background repair and object removal with computer-aided drawing tools to detail and precision
- Contributes ideas with immediate superior, production to make strong pipeline
- Able to do R&D, shot and sequence process creation, leading the sequences
- Accurately assess performance of his team members and provide correct data to HR and his/her concerned head
- Is primarily responsible for handling the performance of the team allocated to him/ her.